The HAR file is a log of a web browser's interaction with a site. Engineers and Network Managers can use this log to better determine the root cause of sites not functioning as expected.
Here are the steps for collecting the HAR file:
- Launch a CyberEscape Online session
- Right click your mouse on the screen and select "Inspect"
- A menu will appear on the right hand side of your screen.
- Click on the Network Tab
- Once you have opened the network tab, you will see a dot in the upper left hand corner that looks like a record button. This is a record button! :) Make sure it is set to on. When it is recording, it will be red. When it is not recording, it is gray.
- Once you have turned on the recording function, click on the three dots in the upper right hand corner next to the X.
- After clicking on the three dots, you will see four images next to the words "Dock side". Click on the image closest to the words dock side. This will separate the inspector window from the game so that your participants don't end up being distracted by it.
- Once you have separated the inspect menu from your game window, minimize the Inspect window and move forward with game play as you typically would.
- Once you have completed the session, pull back up the inspector window.
- In the inspector window you will see a button that is an arrow pointing down. When you hover over the button it will say "Export HAR..." Click on the button to download the file and save it on your computer.
- Once you have downloaded the file, attach the file to an email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get our technical team on it ASAP.
Here is a short video of how to ensure the HAR file is being created:
Here are more detailed instructions provided by a third party site: https://help.learnosity.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000777597-How-to-Generate-a-HAR-File