Here are common reasons why a CSV upload may not work:
- File Size - While up to 100,000 rows can be uploaded, your computer's processing and internet speed could cause the upload to time out.
- File Type - Make sure your file is saved as .CSV (Comma Delimited). Other file types will not upload.
- If upload results in a Failure, try resaving the file as CSV UTF-8 format and attempt the upload again.
- Special Characters - Special characters in attributes like job titles can be interpreted by the Platform as a column break. The system then registers your columns are not an exact match and may reject the upload. Commas in Job Titles are the typical culprit.
CTRL + F to find and remove all commas and other special characters
Add quotes around the text that has a comma to let the system know it's just text
- No Email Address - A row without an email address, but other attributes, will cause the upload to fail. Filter your email column by blanks and delete those rows before uploading.
- File Name - Sometimes the filename gets saved in the backend as a column heading. Copy and paste the data as values into Google Sheets and re-upload submit.
If you have any additional questions, please contact us at email@example.com.