Slow Internet? Try the following tips.
You can test your internet speed using our Compatibility Test.
If you're experiencing lagging or connection issues during a session, your network connection or packet loss might be the reason. Try the following tips to improve your network speed:
- Restart your browser, device, or internet router. Sometimes "have you tried turning it off and turning it back on again?" really does do the trick 🙂
- Make sure your OS and browser is up to date. Don't forget to use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge!
- If you're able to, try plugging your device directly into an ethernet connection for the strongest connection. If you don't have an ethernet cord, try moving closer to your router.
- Close other apps, browser tabs, or windows that are running in the background of your device. We see you, person with 100 tabs open.
- If possible, turn off your VPN. This is the most common culprit behind a slow network connection. Not everyone is able to do this, so if you can't, the above tips will still help.
Even if you have a slower internet connection, you can still enjoy the CyberEscape experience! Just know that videos and puzzles may take a little longer to load.